[h2]Letter from the Team[/h2]
We’re excited to announce a variety of new features that we’re launching in a Gods & Relics Mid-Season Update (0.3.3). We hope you’ll enjoy them and look forward to hearing your feedback.
This patch will be released at approximately 10 am PT (UTC-8) on November 20th, 2023.
[h3]Improved Offline Mode[/h3]
We've had the ability to play offline for a few months but the feature was only available if the Steam Client itself was offline. To make this more accessible, we've put a mode toggle directly on the main menu. Now you can choose to play offline while you still have an internet connection. The game client has to restart to change modes due to current technical limitations.
- You can collect cosmetics and Vault Dust while offline. Previously you could not.
- You can create a character while offline. Previously you had to create a character online at least once before you could play offline.
Note that while in offline mode you cannot access multiplayer and cannot play the Daily Challenge.
[h3]New Daily Challenge Mutators[/h3]
In this update we've added 13 new mutators for the Daily Challenge to mix things up and increase the variety of challenges. The new mutators are:
- Ascended: Start with random ascensions.
- Augmented: Start with full set of random augments.
- Broken Will: -2 Will Reserve. +100 Omni Power
- Track Star: Start with Withered Tracks.
- Bat Attack: Inkula appears on each Guardian and Villain encounter.
- Cursed Treasure: Start with 5 Treasure Hunter. On turn start, take 1 damage per 100 Kwillings owned.
- Rainbow Flavored: When using a Vestige Extractor or Harvester, increase a random equipped set by 1 and decrease a random equipped set by 1
- Mimicry: Random Mimics appear on each Guardian and Villain encounter.
- Set Collector: After winning a battle, increase a random equipped set by 1
- Vestige Shuffle: At the end of combat, your vestige in your 1st slot is shuffled with a random one of the same rarity.
- Vestige Trade Up: At the end of each book, all your vestiges are shuffled with random ones of 1 higher rarity.
- Seeing Double: Vestigial Shrines now duplicate Vestiges instead of destroying.
- Toxic Friendship: Bombbits and Lil' Lusks appear on each turn during Guardian and Villain encounters.
[h3]End Turn Emote Slot[/h3]
We've added a new emote equip slot that plays automatically in multiplayer when you end your turn. This is an easy way to visually alert your teammates that you are done with your turn.
[h3]Trinket Counter UI[/h3]
Using a Trinket that has some kind of counter associated with it? Now it is tracked in the UI to make it easier to see.
[h3]General & Quests[/h3]
- If you have an open quest tracking slot when accepting a quest from an NPC it will now auto-track.
- After looking at win rates with the new update, slightly reduced difficulty scaling on regular enemies for 2 players, and slightly increased it for 3 and 4 players.
- Moved vestige grinders at Villains into the merchant chunks.
- Fixed mutator Radical Rewrite not reducing your Binding Cooldowns when using Impale or Runic Strike.
- More Sea Breaches can be found in book 2 so that there is no longer a case of only having a vestigial shrine at the end.
- Fixed Unstable brew tooltip showing 150 Omni Damage. Fixed Unstable Brew increasing incoming damage until end of turn.
- Bloodthirst Blend now gives 10 stacks of Vigor instead of healing for 10. This is to both fix some instances where this would cause the damage preview to be wrong, as well as be a slight nerf to a still powerful potion.
- Fixed an issue where the daily quest to apply debuffs wouldn't count Burn after the quest count reached 100.
- Fixed bug with quest to eat fish in Argolath's Lair.
- Fixed Fish effects not stacking if consumed multiple of the same fish.
- Nerfed the Gain Will using Seatrickle in a single combat from 5->3.
[h3]Vestiges, Sets, and Trinkets[/h3]
- Legendary Vestiges are now slightly more likely to show up as upgrades in place of Epics.
- Vigorous right now at all levels is more or less breaking the scales of power. We're making two notable changes: the current 3 set requirement is now 4 and the 6 set no longer doubles healing (we'll put this somewhere else in the future) and instead has a cap of 6, up from 3. Although even on live right now it's bugged and still caps at 5, so this will be a notable functional nerf.
- Fixed Uncommon vestige Gossamer Dream not stacking.
- Updated Epic vestige Dice of Fates to grant Will on your turn when gaining +1 Will Reserve, instead of only on your future turns.
- Updated Prey to not be able to be applied to Villains.
- Fixed Epic vestige Captain’s Ciphers reducing longest cooldown by 2 instead of to 0.
- Updated Stone Pitchpipe wording to more accurately reflect ability effect. "The first Binding you use each turn gains 1 Cost Discount and reduces Cooldown by 1." >>> "After using your first Binding each turn, it gains 1 Cost Discount and reduced Cooldown by 1."
- Fixed Reaver 3 granting +60 crit damage instead of +75 crit damage.
- Fixed Legendary Weaver vestige Loom of the Lost Artisan not stacking. Fixed it granting the buff regardless of the # of threads you have.
- Fixed an issue where "The Godscourt Seal" vestige would trigger an additional time.
- Dial of Fate now shows the amount of the bonus given. Doubled the stat bonuses given.
- Blaze of Brigid trinket amount of burn inflicts required decreased from 50 >>> 20.
- Marker of the Unbound trinket turns of blight immunity decreased from 6 >>> 5.
- Fixed Cleave ascensions granting 3 shield per enemy hit with Shielding Cleave augment instead of only 3 shield.
- Fixed Incendiary ascension Wildfire saying all stacks of Burn are spread instead of half to match the tooltip for wildfire.
- Fixed Poison Vapor ascension Debilitating Poison showing up as Critical Vapor in the Quest Log.
- Fixed Pilfer ascension Heist on rare occasions not granting a vestige.
- Fixed Cleave ascension Eviscerate inflicting 5 stacks instead of 15 stacks of Bleed.
- Expedite no longer can reduce its own cooldown.
- Book 2 Guardians are still not providing enough challenge at that point in the run, especially compared to Book 1 Guardians, so continuing to bump up its thread. Book 2 Guardian HP from 16500 >>> 19500, except for Captor. Book 2 Captor HP from 10000 >>> 12000.
- Updated Janus the Malformed's Training Dummies to move on the first turn that they are activated.
- Made updates to enemy AI so they're more likely to group up in more circumstances. The goal is to avoid too much attack overlap but still trying to get them to be available to be attacked in a single turn.
- Ghostquills now re-aim their jump attack towards the player that hit them last.
- Clairvoyant has been under-performing slightly compared to the other aspects, so giving the class a nudge up.
- Increased Psychic Pulse damage from 50 >>> 65. Updated ascensions to match.
- Fixed Shield Bash targetting hitbox not including enemies that are at the edge near the player.
- Fixed run resume UI header says "quick dive" when it's a deep dive.
- Updated overhead icon for when Treasure Pot units will flee.
- Removed popup notifications for Marker of the Unbound since it was adding too much noise.
- Added confirmation button for cosmetic unlocks received from Guardian vaults.
- Chargers are now always in their angry idle instead of using normal or tired idle.
- Added new passive VFX for Weaver.
- Added new Ascension VFX for Telekinesis and Added ascension VFX for all Star Captain Bindings.
[h3]Engine & Other Bug Fixes[/h3]
- Fixed issue where MP run resume could do weird things if you came out of the login queue.